Tools for Contributors¶
In this session, you will learn about the tools that many of the maintainers and contributors use when they are working on Egeria. With the exception of tools that are embedded on our processes, such as Git and Maven, you are not required to use the same tools. However, if you are using the same tools and you get stuck then the Egeria community is more likely to be able to help.
Watch the video for a quick tour of the tools: https://youtu.be/k0cszugBiQg.
Then browse the material below ...
Follow the links to learn about the tools used to contribute to Egeria:
- Markdown - for web pages and documentation
- Git and GitHub - for managing Egeria's content
- IntelliJ - IDE that is popular with the Egeria community
- Maven - build tool
- Postman - REST API test tool
- HTTPie and Curl - Command line HTTP request tools
Once you have reviewed details of the tools try to answer these questions:
- What is the command to create a clean complete build of Egeria?
- How long does the complete build of Egeria take?
- What is the difference between a fork and a clone?
- What is the Postman collection used for?
- Which version of IntelliJ do you need to build contributions for Egeria?
- What are the different parts of the REST API call?
- What is the format of responses from REST API calls?
This is the end of the Tools for Contributors Session.
- Progress to Contributing to Egeria - Step-by-Step