The Governance Program OMAS provides APIs and events for tools and applications
focused on defining a data strategy, planning support for a regulation and/or
developing a governance program for the data landscape.
It assumes an organization is operating an active governance program that is
iteratively reviewed and developed.
- Understanding the business drivers that provide requirements and direction
to the governance program.
- Laying down the governance policies (principles, obligations and approaches)
that frame the governance program.
- Planning and defining the governance controls that detail how these governance
policies will be implemented in
the organization, and enumerating the implications of these decisions and
the expected outcomes.
- Defining the organization’s roles and responsibilities that will support
- Commissioning campaigns and projects to implement the governance controls
and the collection of measurements to assess the success of the program.
- Reviewing the impact of the governance program and making adjustments.
- –> additional campaigns or projects
- –> adjusting the policies and controls
- Reviewing the strategy, business and regulatory landscape.
- –> adjusting the business drivers
The module structure for the Governance Program OMAS is as follows: