The Community Profile OMAS's clients provide access to metadata about people, communities, organizations, teams, roles, profiles and user identities. Most clients issue REST API calls to an Open Metadata Server. There is a shared base class (CommunityProfileBaseClient) that issues the rest calls that create, update and deleted metadata. The REST API clients are:
- OrganizationManagement - maintaining information about profiles, roles, contact details, contribution records.
- CollectionManagement - supporting collections of elements.
- CommunityManagement - supporting communities of people collaborating across an organization.
- LocationManagement - maintaining information about the locations used by an organization.
- UserIdentityManagement - maintaining information about user identities.
- SecurityGroupManagement - maintaining information about security groups.
- ValidValueManagement - maintaining valid value sets and definitions.
- MetadataSourceClient - maintains information about external sources of information about the organization. The identifiers of these systems are passed on the externalSourceGUID and externalSourceName parameters of methods that are populating metadata from an external source.
- ConnectedAssetClient - manages the retrieval of connections, and the creation of resource connectors used to access the content of data sources and services.
- OpenMetadataStoreClient - common metadata support for all access services that provide both generally useful services along with fine-grained, generic access to the metadata in the metadata store.
ClassDescriptionCollectionManagerClient supports the APIs to maintain collections and their related objects.CommunityManagerClient supports the APIs to maintain communities and their related objects.CommunityProfileBaseClient supports the common properties and functions for the Community Profile OMAS.CommunityProfileEventClient provides the implementation to manage the interaction with the server to set up a listener to support the receipt of inbound events from the Data Manager OMAS Out Topic.ConnectedAssetClient manages the retrieval of connections, and the creation of resource connectors used to access the content of data sources and services.LocationManager provides the API operations to create and maintain location definitions.MetadataSourceClient is the client for setting up the SoftwareServerCapabilities that represent metadata sources that supply information relating to people and organizations.OpenIntegrationServiceClient provides an interface to the open integration service.OpenMetadataClientBase provides an interface to the open metadata store.OrganizationManagement is the client used by the Organization Integrator OMIS that is responsible with synchronizing organizational structures, profiles rules and users with open metadata.SecurityManagerClient is the client for explicitly managing the security groups.UserIdentityManagement is the client for explicitly managing the user identity entities and associating them with profiles.ValidValueManagerClient supports the APIs to maintain valid values and their related objects.