This package contains the different interfaces of the asset manager. Each interface is focused on the exchange of groups of related metadata elements between a third party asset manager and open metadata.
- AssetManagerInterface - interface for managing external identifiers
- CollaborationExchangeInterface - for exchanging feedback information from users such as likes, ratings and comments. There is also support for informal tags.
- DataAssetExchange - for exchange of data related assets, their schemas, connections and lineage.
- GlossaryExchangeInterface - for exchange of Glossaries, GlossaryCategories, GlossaryTerms and their relationships and classifications.
- GovernanceExchangeInterface - for exchange of information about policies and rules.
- InfrastructureExchangeInterface - for exchanging metadata about hosts, containers, applications, servers and server capabilities.
- LineageExchangeInterface - for exchanging process definitions and lineage linkage.
- StewardshipExchangeInterface - for exchanging information about classifications, exceptions, requests for actions and resolutions.
- ValidValuesExchangeInterface - for exchanging information about reference data.
Interface Summary Interface Description AssetManagerEventInterfaceAssetManagerEventInterface defines how a client gets access to the configuration events produced by the Asset Manager OMAS. AssetManagerEventListenerAssetManagerEventListener is the interface that a client implements to register to receive the events from the Asset Manager OMAS's out topic. AssetManagerInterfaceAssetManagerInterface provides the interface for retrieving the identity of an external asset manager. CollaborationExchangeInterfaceThe CollaborationExchangeInterface supports the exchange of comments, likes, reviews/ratings and informal tags. ConnectionExchangeInterfaceConnectionExchangeInterface provides methods to define connections and their supporting objects The interface supports the following types of objects Connections - the connections used to create connector instances that can access the connection. ConnectorTypes - description of a specific that can be used to access the connection. ConnectorCategories - the network information needed to access the connection. Endpoints - the network information needed to access the connection. DataAssetExchangeInterfaceDataAssetExchangeInterface provides methods to define data assets, their schemas and connections, along with supporting objects, and lineage. ExternalReferencesInterfaceThe ExternalReferencesInterface is used by the governance team to define external references to elements within the governance program. GlossaryExchangeInterfaceGlossaryExchangeInterface defines the client side interface for the Asset Manager OMAS that is relevant for managing glossaries. GovernanceExchangeInterfaceThe GovernanceExchangeInterface enables the exchange of governance definitions between an external asset manager and open metadata. InfrastructureExchangeInterfaceThe InfrastructureExchangeInterface supports the exchange of metadata about Hosts, SoftwareServerPlatforms, SoftwareServers and SoftwareServerCapabilities such as Applications. LineageExchangeInterfaceThe LineageExchangeInterface supports the exchange of process definitions and lineage linkage. SchemaExchangeInterfaceSchemaExchangeInterface defines the common methods for managing schemas. StewardshipExchangeInterfaceThe StewardshipExchangeInterface supports the exchange of relationships (such as SemanticAssignment) and classifications that are added by stewards (or automated stewardship processes) such as Confidentiality. ValidValuesExchangeInterfaceThe ValidValuesExchangeInterface supports the exchanges of valid values and reference data.